Who to notify

Who to notify

Are you scheduled for an upcoming admission? Remember to inform your health insurance provider, hospitalization insurance, general practitioner, and employer.

Health Insurance Provider

Notify your health insurance provider about your admission. UZA will also inform your health insurance provider about your admission. If the admission is due to an accident, explicitly inform your health insurance provider and inquire about any necessary forms or certificates that need to be filled out for your admission.

Hospitalization Insurance

If you have any hospitalization insurance, it is advisable to notify your insurance company before your admission.

General Practitioner

Inform your general practitioner about the planned admission. They will receive the test results and medical records afterwards.


If your hospital admission will result in you being unable to work for a period of time, inform your employer or unemployment agency as soon as possible.

Laatst aangepast: 26 september 2023