What to bring for your hospitalisation?

What to bring for your hospitalisation?

What do you need for your administrative records?

  • Always bring your eID, KidsID, or ISI+ card to the UZA. This is important because it is the only way for us to apply the third-party payer system. With this system, you only pay your share of the costs to the healthcare provider (copayment), and other costs are directly reimbursed by your health insurance. If you do not have your eID, KidsID, or ISI+ card with you in the hospital from 01/01/2024 onwards, you will always be required to pay a deposit for medical services. Without scanning your eID, ISI+ card, or KidsID, the regulations no longer allow the use of the third-party payer system.
  • telephone number of your home or a contact person (family member, neighbor, etc.).
  • name and address of your general practitioner

In the following cases, you may need additional information:

  • If you have hospitalization insurance, it is best to notify your insurance provider before your admission. On the day of your admission, bring your hospitalization insurance card (and, if necessary, written confirmation of admission from your hospitalization insurance).

  • In case of a work-related accident:
    • name and address of the employer
    • name and address of the insurance company
    • date of the accident
    • claim number (if known)
    • policy number

Don't forget to explicitly inform your health insurance fund that your admission is a result of a work-related accident and fill out an accident report form.

  •   If applicable, also bring a guarantee arrangement from a Public Social Welfare Center (OCMW) or a commitment to payment from another institution that guarantees the payment of the costs.
  •  In the case of a school, sports, or traffic accident, the admission is considered a regular illness admission. Everything will be arranged through your health insurance fund.
  •  For patients with a foreign residence (domicile)
    • insurance card or E112 form or a guarantee statement from your healthcare insurer
    • European Health Insurance Card

What to bring for your medical records?

  • overview of medications you take: it's best to bring the medication you are currently taking, including the boxes and leaflets
  • details about dosage and timing of intake
  • indication of any allergies
  • approval for reimbursement by the health insurance fund (if necessary)
  • medical documents you have: referral letter from your general practitioner or referring physician; X-rays, laboratory results, vaccination card, etc.

What do you need for your stay and personal care?

  • personal clothing
  • nightwear, underwear, robe, slippers
  • towels, washcloths, tissues
  • toiletries
  • reading materials
  • for your child's admission, you may bring a stuffed animal if desired

Always wear sturdy (closed-toe) slippers to prevent slipping or falling.

Laatst aangepast: 26 september 2023