- Visiting times
- Contact a patient
- Guest housing near the hospital
Please report to the main reception at the entrance hall of the hospital for further assistance with:
- The department or room you need
- Questions about parking or public transport
- Calling a taxi
- Contacting the mortuary attendants if you wish to greet a deceased
- All other questions. We try to help you as quickly and efficiently as possible.
General visiting hours
- Weekdays: 16:00 – 20:00
- Weekends and holidays: 14:00 – 20:00
Parents are welcome at pediatrics at all times.
Specific visiting hours
- cardiology (C2): general visiting hours. CCU unit: maximum 2 visitors
- intensive care: maximum 30 minutes, maximum 2 visitors. Fruit, flowers and gifts are not allowed.
ICU 1 and 4: 14:00 - 14:30 and 19:00 - 19:30
ICU 2, 3 and 5: 14:30 - 15:00 and 19:30 - 20:00
- emergency unit (night hospital): 16:00 - 20:00
- medium care - B4: 12:00 - 13:00 and 17:00 - 19:00 (maximum 3 visitors)
- medium care - A2: general visiting hours (maximum 2 persons at the same time, maximum 30 minutes uninterrupted)
- mortuary: please report to the main reception. Monday to Friday: 14:00 - 18:30; Saturday: 9:00 - 12:00 and 14:00 - 16:00, Sunday and holidays: 9:00 - 12:00
- recovery: only during weekdays, 19:00 - 19:30
- pediatrics - E1: 14:30 - 19:00. Parents are welcome at all times
- neonatology: Between 8:00 and 20:00. Parents are welcome at all times
- maternity ward - E4: 14:00 - 16:00 and 18:00 - 20:00. Partners are welcome at all times
Call a patient directly or via the telephone operator at +32 821 31 00.
Post is delivered daily at the wards.
Name and family name of the patient
Department and room number
Drie Eiken is a hotel located just next to the Antwerp University Hospital where you can enjoy the peace and quiet and relax in a comfortable setting.
Drie Eiken is ideal for
- international students, doctors, professors
- family and/or friends of patients being treated in the Antwerp University Hospital
- parents of a new born baby who want to come at ease
- visiting family or friends with specific healthcare needs
- rehab after surgery
Facilities Drie Eiken
- restaurant, lounge bar, spa,
- in-house nurse and physiotherapist
- modern and spacious rooms with tv, mini bar, safe and hairdryer
- free parking, free Wi-Fi
Contact Drie Eiken
Drie Eiken, Drie Eikenstraat 655, 2650 Edegem
Tel. +32 (0)3 821 12 11
Email: info [at] drie-eiken [dot] com
Guest House "Ter Weyde" provides temporary housing for family or friends of inpatients near the hospital. The guest house is located at 200 meter from the hospital.
Price Ter Weyde
Family members are provided basic lodging with breakfast for 17 euro per person per night. An advance is payed upon arrival and for each extended week.
Common facilities Ter Weyde
- free wifi
- a kitchen to prepare your own meals
- a living room with television
- iron, hairdryer, cleaning supplies
- sheets can be changed on demand
Meals Ter Weyde
- Breakfast (bread, coffee, tea, jam and cheese) is included in the price.
- You can prepare your own lunch and dinner in the kitchen.
- A small supermarket 'Momento shop Delhaize' is located in the entrance hall of the hospital. Open from Monday-Friday 8.30 AM - 8.00 PM, weekends 12 - 5.15 PM.
- Meals are also served in the restaurant at the entrance hall of the hospital. Open from Monday-Friday 8.30 AM - 8.00 PM, weekends 12 - 8 PM.
- Sandwiches are served in the entrance hall of the hospital from Monday-Friday 9 AM - 2.30 PM.
Contact Ter Weyde
For more information or to make a reservation, please call +32 3 440 48 18 during the following times:
- Monday to Thursday: 10:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16.00 and 20:00 – 21:30
- Friday: 10:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00
- Saturday: 10:00 – 12:00
- Sunday and holidays: 20:00 – 21:30
Address Ter Weyde
Guest house Ter Weyde
Tel. +32 3 440 48 18